Sep 252012
 

The report released this Monday by the U.S. time, Apple’s new iPhone 5 continues to break sales records since the release, but the new Lightning connector and the relevant adapters for the iPhone 5 gradual stockout makes Apple feel the pressure. Analyst said Lightning connector supplier shortage problem is caused by Apple suppliers replacement and productivity decline.

Apple’s new iPhone and iPod product line will use the the new Lightning connector, the new connector structure is very complex, which is 80% smaller than the previous, while it uses a new production process, thus the product yield is greatly reduced.

It is expected that the Foxlink Group is currently responsible for 60% of Apple’s Lightning connector, while the Foxconn is responsible for the remaining 40%. Although Foxconn is able to maintain steady shipments, the weakness of the former capacity has led to the emergence of the phenomenon of Lightning products in short supply. According to the data released by Apple suppliers, only when the Foxlink can maintain a high yield and be able to keep stable shipments, Apple Lightening shipments can keep stable, which means that the Lightning connector supply in the iPhone 5 initial listing will be difficult to meet the market demand.

Although there is still no specific data about the share of Apple’s suppliers, the industry generally believes that Apple’s data line orders transferred from Foxconn to Foxlink Group is the biggest reason that caused the shortage Lightning cable supply. The source revealed that Apple has asked Foxlink Group to hire more employees and increase the production line to guarantee the delivery of the Lightning data line. But all these Apple remedies still need time.

  One Response to “Rumored that changing suppliers caused Apple Lightning connectors insufficient supply”

  1. Lenaring a ton from these neat articles.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)


seven − 4 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>